[Avodah] induction cooking

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Thu Sep 25 09:26:30 PDT 2008

M Cohen wrote:

>> Can there be a blech where the source of heat is the food itself?

> I don't see how a blech is possible, because it's not possible to place
> a blech between the heat source (the pot) and the food.  perhaps b'dieved
> to rely on the opinions that one can cover the knobs (as some do for
> crockpots)

Why is this bedieved?  Covering the knobs is parallel to gerifah; the top
part of the blech that covers the flame is parallel to ketima.  Standard
blechs do both, but only one is necessary.

--
Zev Sero               Something has gone seriously awry with this Court's
zev at sero.name          interpretation of the Constitution.