[Avodah] bat mitzva "bo bayom"

Saul Mashbaum saul.mashbaum at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 15:01:46 PDT 2008

RSM

>>Like RMB, I question whether indeed one can know what exactly Hashem
decided, or when. <<

RTK

In certain respects that's true, but in the case of somebody being born --
well it seems to me obvious that if you are in the world, Hashem must have
decided that you should be here.

Yes, but the quotation under discussion was "Hashem decided that the world
couldn't go on without you", not quite the same thing as "Hashem decided tht
you should be born".  We can entertain the possibilty that the latter is
true, but not the former, and of course we cannot know one way or the other
if Hashem was motivated by the former.

Saul Mashbaum