[Avodah] strange story

Gershon Dubin gershon.dubin at juno.com
Fri Sep 19 09:33:51 PDT 2008

-- "Eli Turkel" <eliturkel at gmail.com> wrote:

<<I vaguely recall a similar discussion about a man undergoing a heart
transplant. There is a short time that a man has no heart. Some wanted
to rule that a man without a heart (?) is considered halachic
dead and so after the operation is wife is an almanah bechaye baala>>

No need to go so far;  anyone who suffers a cardiac arrest is clinically dead, but I've never heard of anyone putting him in a separate halachic class.

Gershon
gershon.dubin at juno.com