[Avodah] Reciting l'Dovid Hashem Ori

T613K at aol.com T613K at aol.com
Thu Sep 4 22:48:51 PDT 2008

From: Dov Kay <dov_kay at hotmail.co.uk>
>>I stopped saying l'Dovid when I was alerted to the  Sabbatean origins of
the custom to say it at this time of  year. <<

Just because one person finds some indications that  the custom may have been
of Sabbatean origin doesn't mean that he's right, or  that you should stop a
custom that by now is so widespread in Klal  Yisrael.  An individual should
not set himself up as a higher authority or  bigger tzaddik than everybody else,
unless he hears that some of the biggest  gedolim and poskim stopped saying
l'Dovid Hashem Ori for that reason,  or  he really is a big posek himself,  or
has been told to do so by his own  posek or rav.

--Toby  Katz

deal here.