[Avodah] Qumram

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Thu Sep 4 15:29:59 PDT 2008

Micha Berger wrote:

> I am not sure I agree with RZS's speculation. For "min" to refer to the
> early Xians in particular, one would have to explain why their attitude
> toward sheimos or the One to Whom they refer are unique among the sects.
> Trinitarianism wasn't an issue yet. In fact, there is no indication
> that anyone in the original Jewish churches (Notzerim, Evyonim, James'
> friends in J-m) were trinitarian.

How old is "ST shektavo min yisaref"?  My speculation depends on that
being late, from a time after Paul transformed Xianity from a slightly
odd group within orthodox Judaism into a new religion of ovdei AZ.

--
Zev Sero               Something has gone seriously awry with this Court's
zev at sero.name          interpretation of the Constitution.