[Avodah] kenignaot

T613K at aol.com T613K at aol.com
Sat Aug 16 23:02:11 PDT 2008

In a message dated 8/13/2008, sba at sba2.com writes:

>>The Kitzur Shulkhan  Arukh (126.4),
based on  Magen Avraham 224.3, prohibits attending "animal  shows"....
R.  Avrohom Davis translates "kenignaot" as "animal shows...<< [R'  Simon
Krysl]

I will make a guess -- that  "kenig" is the  Yiddish word for "king" (rest of
mistaken explanation  deleted)...[--TK]

==

***Nice pshetl, but I doubt  that Chazal used Yiddish or even German...***

The meaning is  definitely hunts/hunting.
SBA

I thought the word was from the Kitzur Shulchan Aruch, not from the  Gemara.
That's why I thought it might be Yiddish.

--Toby  Katz

Read reviews on AOL Autos.