[Avodah] Mesei Midbar

T613K at aol.com T613K at aol.com
Thu Aug 14 21:36:52 PDT 2008

From: "Gershon Dubin" _gershon.dubin at juno.com_
(mailto:gershon.dubin at juno.com)

>>Did everyone die when they reached 60?
Or did some  die younger and some older, with the net-net being that all who
were 20-60 at  the yetzias mitzraim were dead by the time they were ready to
enter E"Y.
If  the former, only those who had turned (would be turning?) 60 during that
year  should have dug graves;  everyone else would have known they still had
time.<<

Probably a lot of people didn't keep such good  records and they didn't
exactly have birth certificates so they may not have  known exactly how old they
were.  I'm guessing they would dig  graves when they got close to age sixty and
thought it /might/ be this  year.  If you think that it's strange people
wouldn't know how old they  were, when we lived in S. Africa we found that a lot of
tribal people didn't  know how old they were.

--Toby  Katz

Read reviews on AOL Autos.