[Avodah] tisha baav on sunday

Eli Turkel eliturkel at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 16:29:56 PDT 2008

> By no stretch of the imagination can a major meal  be called a
> "public display /of mourning/."...

I disagree. We all know why we're eating more, and why it's not the usual
seder hayom. Which is sort of my point; by conforming to pro forma
definition of avoiding aveilus berabbim, we are ignoring the fact that in
reality we're turning part of Shabbos into a pre-9 beAv specific thing --
and thus marking aveilus berabbim.>>

I dont understand the point. One is allowed to make a bed Shabbat afternoon
in case one needs it. One can wash dishes if maybe guests will come etc.
Thus, as long as there is some potential use it is not considered preparing
for chol.
Since eating a big meal in the afternoon has obvious benefits for shabbat
itself I don't see the problem. The fact that we have in our mind for
motzei shabbat or sunday is irrelevant

--
Eli Turkel