[Avodah] A QUESTION FOR THE NINE DAYS (AND BEYOND)…

Richard Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 21:07:48 PDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 6:50 PM, Michael ORR <michaelorr at rogers.com> wrote:

> Notes on the question:
>
> -My observation has been that there is an emphasis on learning mitzvos bein
> adam lamakom, e.g. all Orach Chaim topics.  Although in an important
> sense, the bein adam lamakom orientation is foundational, and so cannot be
> neglected, the paramount importance of addressing sinas chinam based on the
> above sources suggests to me that we are missing something fundamental.

I commented on this in a post reL a dispute between R. Hirsch and the Mishna
Brurah.
It seems the MB advocated learni orach Chaim as "the ikkar"
Rabbiner Hirsch lamented that people do NOT learn all 4 parts of the SA and
they are therfore out-of-balance.

Several comments and caveats
Aisi TIDE [not quite like YU/TuM but similar] is opposed to the yeshivisher
hashkafa of all academic Gmara learning w/o being a more balanced
Mensch-Yisreol

The Kitsur SA DOES have many halachos fro mChM and Even Ho'zevr and a LOT of
bein Adam lachveiro

To be VERY fair to the MB himself, his sefarim [viz. Chofetz Chaim and
Shemiras Halashon, not to mention Ahavas Hessed] cover a LOT of bein adam
lachavieroa.  I will even posit that the Sefer Chofetz Chaim is an even
better composed Halachic text than is  the Sefer MB.

--
Kol Tuv / Best Regards,
RabbiRichWolpoe at Gmail.com