[Avodah] Wine Gladdens the Heart

Cantor Wolberg cantorwolberg at cox.net
Tue Aug 5 16:46:59 PDT 2008

I find the following somewhat strange:

The usual Seudah Mafsekes is replaced with a regular Seudah
Shlishis
of Shabbos at which one may eat meat and drink wine and eat any foods
one desires...etc.
																	                               Shulchan Aruch w/
Mishnah Brurah 552:10, Shmiras Shabbos Kehilchasa 28:77, Igros Moshe
4:112

What I find strange is being allowed to drink wine right before the
saddest day of our year.
needn't go into detail what wine can do and the happy effect it can
have.  I would have thought
														                                          that wine
would have been assur right before Tisha b'Av, even though it is
Shabbos.

Any thoughts?
ri