[Avodah] Hashavat Aveida or Lifnei Iver?

Yitzhak Grossman celejar at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 19:48:51 PDT 2008

On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 22:09:28 -0700
"Liron Kopinsky" <liron.kopinsky at gmail.com> wrote:

> One of the shabbatot in the last few weeks I spent in a hotel for a
> shabbaton, and one of the people who I was rooming with left a razor behind
> when they left.
>
> Is there a mitzvah of Hashavat Aveida, or can I not return it because of the
> obvious halachik implications of using it?

Just today, I noticed that Resp. Shraga Ha'Meir (2:4) cites a
discussion of this exact question by "Ha'Gaon Ha'Zaddik Ha'Mebubal
MHR"A Shimon Ha'Levi Horowitz HY"D, who was a R"M in Yeshivas Hachmei
Lublin, and afterward in Cracow YZ"V", in a manuscript letter.

> ~Liron

Yitzhak
--
Bein Din Ledin - bdl.freehostia.com
An advanced discussion of Hoshen Mishpat