[Avodah] vsalachta

Arie Folger afolger at aishdas.org
Fri Jul 25 10:18:13 PDT 2008

RMB wrote:
> Except that Havayah, aside from connoting lema'alah min hazeman (yihyeh,
> hove, hayah) and Cause of existence, is also middas haRachamim. Motherhood,
> being in the rechem of rachamim, is about as immediate as you can get.
>
> Adnus implies Someone Whose law we should follow, connoting individuality
> (the qamatz yud suffix) of the follower and moral law. E-lokim is the
> master of all kochos, not just one follower, and includes His mastery
> of natural law. (And therefore I'm not sure about its immediacy.)

We have a Tetragrammaton form of both Adnut and E-lohut. Hence, I believe that
the form of writing is about whether G"d emphasizes His Essence, meaning,
lema'alah min hazeman, or the immediacy, as you note indeed later in your
post, that "yeileih na Ad-nai beqirbeinu" is one of my sources.

--
Arie Folger
http://www.ariefolger.googlepages.com