[Avodah] police misdeeds and trial evidence

hankman salman at videotron.ca
Thu Jul 24 07:49:31 PDT 2008

CM comments: (previously)

I suspect that women can not testify because of a gezairas hakasuv (see Shovuos 30a) and not as the result of some rational sevara (If the meforshim ascribe a rationale, perhaps someone could point it out).

CM now adds:

I asked our magid shiur at daf yomi if he new of any source for a sevara why nashim can not testify. He directed me to the following Chezkuni in Gen. 18:15 quoting a Yalkut Shimoni:
Vatekachesh Sarah Laimor: Mikan shehanashim pesulos l'aidus, lefi shemekachshos mipnai hayiroh.

Kol Tuv

Chaim Manaster