[Avodah] money and halakhah

Marty Bluke marty.bluke at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 03:46:43 PDT 2008

R' Micha Berger wrote:
<The AhS, for example, had to be speaking of metal-backed currency,
not fiat currency. I don't know everyone you quote, but we could
<eliminate the majority of the list.

I am not so sure. In any case the contemporary seforim such as the
Bris Yehuda, etc. (take any modern halacha sefer on hilchos Ribis
written in the last 30 years) all cite these sources (AHS, Chasam
Sofer, etc.) with respect to money nowadays( which is fiat money), so
they clearly hold that those opinions apply to fiat money as well.