[Avodah] vsalachta

Arie Folger afolger at aishdas.org
Wed Jul 23 10:01:35 PDT 2008

RSZN wrote:
> can anyone point me to the reason that in the vayechal  parsha, the shem
> hashem is YKVK throughout,  except in the pasuk that moshe asks yelech na
> ADNAI bekirbeinu. any reason for the switch?

I have a theory, based on the standard kavanot in the sheimot, that the YKVK
sheimot denote the long term, while ADNY and E-LOHIM denote immediacy.

However, while I have generally been able to confirm this, I have seen several
exceptions, which I would first have to deal with.
--
Arie Folger
http://www.ariefolger.googlepages.com