[Avodah] T'uM

Richard Wolpoe rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 21:10:13 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 12:44 PM, Zev Sero <zev at sero.name> wrote:

> Richard Wolpoe wrote:
>
>   From a strictly puritanical vewi once the US governmetn stopped paying
>> gold or silver for paper miny it is ARGUABKLE that all w have is US Scrip
>> instead of Golden Acres Scrip.
>>

> No, it isn't arguable.  It's nonsense.

So how did Golden Acres get around the issue of Muktzeh with scrip? What
about  those rabbis who instituted this procedure?  Waht did they gain?

When is shava kessef kessef?

Can you be meqadeis an isha wiht:

   1. coins?
   2. papaer money?
   3. checks?
   4. amusement park tokens?
   5. IOU's
   6. Promissory notes?

Is a shtar chov the same as money because it has value?  I don't think so!
What if someone burns a shtar chov, does that release the debt?

--
Kol Tuv / Best Regards,
RabbiRichWolpoe at Gmail.com