[Avodah] Did Tziporah say Lashon Hara?

Yitzhak Grossman celejar at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 17:32:16 PDT 2008

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 23:31:08 -0400
"Richard Wolpoe" <rabbirichwolpoe at gmail.com> wrote:

[The context is the Rambam's rules about suitability for prophecy.

> But Hashem STILL is not bound by any such rules.[Even though people like to
> play those games] I know numerous people in my life who  have claimed Divine
> commands to do things.  One told me he moved and took his current job on 2
> separate Divinie "commands" and that he was assured of a third.

I have argued that Rambam strongly implies that God *cannot*
confer prophecy on the unsuitable individual.

See my "On Divine Omnipotence and its Limitations", Hakirah Volume 2,
available from: http://www.hakirah.org/Vol%202%20Grossman.pdf  See page
160 (page 10 in the PDF) and on.

Yitzhak
--
Bein Din Ledin - bdl.freehostia.com
An advanced discussion of Hoshen Mishpat