[Avodah] Did Tziporah say Lashon Hara?

Yitzhak Grossman celejar at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 16:35:06 PDT 2008

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 12:30:30 -0400
David Riceman <driceman at attibi.net> wrote:

> SBA wrote:
> > Secondly, I see that the Shaarei Ahraon quotes "Eimek Hanetziv" saying that
> > Tzipporah was definitely not complaining about MR being away from her. Had
> > she been upset about it, MR would've divorced her to allow her to remarry.
> >
> Would this have worked? Moshe Rabbeinu haya melech (see Tanhuma
> Beha'alothcha 9, cited by the Rambam but I don't recall where).  A
> king's wife may not remarry (H. Melachim 2:2).
>
> OTOH Tzippora could have prevented him from taking the job of 24/7 navi
> if she objected.  See EH 76:5.

Well, the Halachah there is that while a woman may object to her husband
taking a job that would result in the diminution of her Onah, there's
an explicit exception for a Tayal becoming a Talmid Hacham, so one
could argue that a would be prophet has a similar dispensation.  On the
other hand, see Pis'hei Teshuvah (75:2 - 3).

> David Riceman

Yitzhak
--
Bein Din Ledin - bdl.freehostia.com
An advanced discussion of Hoshen Mishpat