[Avodah] shelo osani ...

MPoppers at kayescholer.com MPoppers at kayescholer.com
Thu Jun 7 14:36:27 PDT 2007

In Avodah Digest V23#126, Micha responded to RMK:
> : Are there sources that say that the soul
  : of the niftar is being comforted?
  : I'd be interested to see them.
> I do not recall. It was an idea that I picked up
on a previous iteration on Avodah. Perhaps
the person who posted it could be
troubled to repeat his sources. <
Without getting into whether Micha was thinking of this article, he
recently was kind enough to send me the URL for the Mesukim miDevash
article I wrote on the subject of "HaMakom yenacheim,"
http://www.aishdas.org/mesukim/5764/vayechi.pdf.  Those interested in a
possible answer to RMK's question are directed to all (esp. the sentences
beginning with "One" and "Moreover") of the "Eschem" stanza on p.4 and, in
particular, to footnotes 16 and 18.  RaMBaM's Hilchos Aveil 14 is
available online at http://www.mechon-mamre.org/i/e414.htm, and the words
I'm drawing an inference from ("nichum aveilim g'milus chessed im
hachayyim v'im hameisim") are in the halachah which quotes from the pasuq
in Koheles.  Thanks.

A guten Shabbes/Shabbas Shalom and all the best from
Michael Poppers * Elizabeth, NJ, USA