[Avodah] Makhkemah

Yisrael Medad yisrael.medad at gmail.com
Tue May 29 12:31:00 PDT 2007

I think what is being referred to in the discussion is the former Ottoman
Islamic court bu idling which is at the end of the Street of Chain.  It's
southern wall is what one sees when standing at the Kotel and you look up to
your left.  It's eastern portion actually is located inside Har Habayit
albeit one floor up, being supported by the columns alongside the western
wall of the mount inside.  There is where Rav Goren's synagogue is located,
containing an Aron Kodesh and Sefer, by the way.  It serves the Border
Police, well, those that are Jewish and we daven there on Tisha B'Av Mincha
and also Mincha of Yom Kippur.  Technically, it is "inside" but one cannot
step onto the platform in the physically sense.

--
Yisrael Medad
Shiloh