[Avodah] shemitta

SBA sba at sba2.com
Tue May 29 05:23:21 PDT 2007

From: "SBA" <sba at sba2.com>

-
From: "Moshe Feldman" <>
Your reliance on R. Chaim Cohen is misplaced.  First, the Pischei
Tshuva to Even HaEzer 75:3 cites the Maharit that these words were
written by a talmid to'eh.

SBA: It is no question that RCC would ban current baalei aveireh
from making aliya.
How do you think he would have ruled for those who asked about
making aliyah - but plan to rely on the Hetter Mechirah?<<

=========

No sooner had I written the above and RDB gave us the answer
(if anyone had any doubts)...

From: "Doron Beckerman" <beck072 at gmail.com>
The Kol Bo (Simman 127) quotes the Maharam MeRotenburg:
"The primary Mitzvah of going to EY, is... only if he will be Parush from
here on, and he will be careful of all types of sins and fulfill all the
Mitzvos HaTeluyos BaAretz, for if he sins he will be punished more than if
he sinned in Chu"l,....

Shla"h (Shaar Haosiyos 56a) - "One year after I came to Yerushalayim... was
the Shemitta year... .. because of the great duress... I deliberated with
myself and said, I am more obligated to keep it.. for Hashem will tell me,
why have you come from a place where you are exempt to a place where
 you are obligated, ...you will neglect this Mitzvah? Why have you
come to defile My Land?... And then I found the same in Sefer Charedim...
that all those who come to live in EY must be very careful about Shemittah
and all the Mitzvos HaTeluyos BaAretz, just as the Amoraim were careful to
keep them ...so that the Mitzvah of dwelling in
EY not come with an Aveirah of negating the Mitzvos HaTeluyos Bah, and the
loss will outweigh the gain."