[Avodah] Going up to Har HaBayis

Goldmeier goldmeier at 012.net.il
Mon May 21 09:02:46 PDT 2007

there is a machlokes whther a baal keri who has not had haarev shemesh
(waiting for sunset) can go up or not. Most rishonim (not including
Rashi) hold haerev shemesh is not necessary for a regular baal keri. I
have been told that is how we pasken. Though I do know some people who
go to the mikva twice before ascending, once the afternoon before, and
again the morning of.

However, someone who has not had haerev shemesh, and is also a "mechusar
kippurim" would not be allowed to go up. He would have to wait for
haerev shemesh.

Kol tuv
Rafi

---------