[Avodah] fashion models and opera singers

SBA areivim at sba2.com
Sat May 12 03:21:31 PDT 2007

From: Arie Folger >
R'n CL wrote:
> Such a heter must exist however - as there are too many reports of
> gedolim in Germany (not to mention Boston) going to the opera
I wonder, is it indeed documented that RYBS went to opera in Boston, or did
he
only do that in Germany?

Not being a opera buff, I don't know too much about this.
But MUST an opera always have a female singer?

And was it standard practice for THE gedolim of Germany to attend?
And is there any evidence that others besides RSRH did so -
and whether he did so regularly or just once or twice?
And why would RYBS fave acted differently in Boston to Germany?

SBA