[Avodah] Torah Study vs. other contributions to soCIETY

David Riceman driceman at att.net
Fri May 11 06:51:23 PDT 2007

Samuel Svarc wrote:
> For some reason, you keep on coming back to "prohibited". You're flogging
> the wrong horse :-). The discussion was, what is *preferred*, learning or
> training for Zaka?

I was responding to RZL's phrase "not so poshut", which in my experience
is usually related to issur v'heter.  He has subsequently explained it
as a critique of an argument, not of a conclusion.
>  The clear answer that Chazal give is learning (check
This is an old machloketh.  For a nice summary of the side you disagree
with see Tshuvoth HaRama #7.

David Riceman