[Avodah] justifying hating the wicked

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu May 10 14:08:59 PDT 2007

On Thu, May 10, 2007 4:33 pm, Dr. Josh Backon wrote:
: In the Tshuvot ha'RADBAZ I 73, the Karaites are deemed invalid
: witnesses [*pesulei eidut*]...

How is that more relevant than the Rambam actually treating nidon
didan (as per the subject line) -- how one treats them on a day-to-day
basis? And he explicitly says in Mamrim 3:3 that we should be friendly
with them.

So, lehalakhah, I would conclude the Rambam prohibits hating the
typical current adherent of non-Torah Isms, no less than his
requirement to act bedarkhei shalom with a Qara'i.

Regardless of the proper label implied for such "nebich apiqursim",
the Rambam spells out our bottom line.

Tir'u baTov!
-mi

--
Micha Berger             Spirituality is like a bird: if you tighten
micha at aishdas.org        your grip on it, it chokes; slacken your grip,