[Avodah] justifying hating the wicked

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu May 10 13:07:22 PDT 2007

On Thu, May 10, 2007 3:22 pm, Dr. Josh Backon wrote:
: *Tinok shenishba* is discussed in the gemara in Shevuot 5a
: and Shabbat 68a,b; Rambam Hilchot Shegagot 7:2 and Hilchot
: Mamrim 3:3.
:

As I said, this would be more daunting if we didn't hash it out
already in vol 2 and again in vol 5-6.

RDJB cites Mamrim 3:3. Mamrim explicitly includes those raised in
non-mesoretic beliefs. Probably the intent is to discuss Qaraim, which
is a pretty good precedent for looking for how the rishonim would have
dealt with today's issues. Even if they have contact to real Yahadus
they are influenced by their upbringing and are anusim and tinoqos
shenishbe'u. Therefore, the Rambam says it is ra'ui to bring them to
teshuvah VELIMSHOKH OSAM BEDARKHEI SHALOM ad sheyachzehu le'itan
haTorah.

Tir'u baTov!
-mi

--
Micha Berger             Spirituality is like a bird: if you tighten
micha at aishdas.org        your grip on it, it chokes; slacken your grip,