[Avodah] When do the malachim come?

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon May 7 12:19:01 PDT 2007

On Wed, May 2, 2007 11:49 am, R Dov Kay wrote (tangentially to his
main point):
: ... I surmise that l’chu neranena is from Tehillim and therefore
: appears more traditional than lecha dodi, which is openly (if only
: metaphorically) kabbalistic in intent and meaning.

I am not sure "if only metaphorically" has meaning. Didn't R' Shelomo
al-Qabetz (as was typical for mequbalei Tzefas) hold that Qabbalah was
entirely bederekh mashal to get a small grip on the inherently
incomprehensible?

I thought we discussed literal vs allegorical WRT understanding
Qabbalah, but I couldn't find it in the archive.

Tir'u baTov!
-mi