[Avodah] When do the malachim come?

MPoppers at kayescholer.com MPoppers at kayescholer.com
Fri May 4 05:52:34 PDT 2007

In Avodah Digest V23#95, RDMI responded to RDK:
>> ... in Germany they would only say Lecha Dodi from the shulchan;  l?chu
neranena was said from the amud. <<
> I cannot answer your question, but I can tell you that the only
time I davened kabbalas Shabbos in a Yekke shul (somewhere in
Talpiot, I think, but I don't remember the name) I was told to dave
all of kabbalas Shabbos from the bima.  So I don't think the
practice you describe is universal among Yekkes. <
I'm not surprised by RDMI's report, but I will note that the practice in
KAJ/"Breuer's" (minhag Frankfurt) is as described by RDK.  Thanks.

A guten Shabbes/Shabbas Shalom and all the best from
--Michael Poppers via RIM pager