[Avodah] When do the malachim come

T613K at aol.com T613K at aol.com
Tue Apr 24 17:39:15 PDT 2007

RMB wrote:

>>The machloqes seems to me to be whether Dodi is the Shechinah,  and
Kallah is the neshamah yeseirah, or the other way around.  <<

I've always understood Dodi in this song to refer  to your fellow Jew, each
saying to the other, "Come, let us greet the  Shabbos."

And I've always understood "the kallah" (=the Shabbas queen) to be  either a
metaphor/personification of the Shabbos for poetic purposes, or the  angel in
charge of Shabbos, the way the Sar shel Esav, say, is the angel in  charge of
Esav.

--Toby  Katz