[Avodah] R Asher Weiss

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Apr 23 12:37:46 PDT 2007

In the original post, oOn Thu, April 12, 2007 9:44 am, Rich, R Joel
wrote:
: Shliach shel adam kamoto applies only to the technical kiyum hamitzvah
: (not sure if this extends to schar) but not to segula of mitzvah (e.g.
: mitzvah gorreret mitzvah)

Isn't the segulah of the mitzvah a function of the mitzvah's roshem on
the person, and the technical qiyum the minimum necessary to make the
minimum obligatory change?

Looking at sechar va'onesh causaly in this way, I don't see how the
two can be separated.

In any case, mitzvah bo yoseir mishelykho -- even with qiyum, the
segulah is lesser. Unsurprisingly: lefum tza'arah agra, and sending a
shaliach is less effort.

But I think this example fails:
> If one of us and the gadol hador were on a desert island and there
> were only one kzayit of matzah available for pesach and it was our
> property, Hashem would get more nachat ruach if we gave it to the
> gadol hador to be mkayem the mitzvah (and we should act as such -
> although iiuc we would not be compelled to)

There is a side issue which complicates this case. Giving to the gadol
hador would qualify as ma'os chitim.

For this reason, I also don't understand the halakhah RSZA gave over
to RDE. Why would it be a bizayon of mitzvas matzah to perform ma'os
chitim and show kavod harav? If anything, since these mitzvos can be
performed now, perhaps they should be even though one is very likely
giving up mitzvas achilas matzah that evening.

Or is the scenario where it's tokh kedai dibur left before chatzos
before happening upon a kezayis matzah? And thus one must choose
between the deOraise and the deRabbanan and both are simultaneous, or
never.

Tir'u baTov!
-mi

--
Micha Berger             Spirituality is like a bird: if you tighten
micha at aishdas.org        your grip on it, it chokes; slacken your grip,