[Avodah] When do the malachim come

SBA areivim at sba2.com
Thu Apr 19 08:17:16 PDT 2007

From: "Rich, Joel" <>
... a Machlokes between R' MF and RYBS (sorry, I have no
Mareh Mekomos) as to what direction one should turn for Bo'ee B'shalom
when the entrance of the Shul is not in back..

Which reminds me of a cute reason I heard for turning around and
facing the back of Shul at Boyee Besholom.

Shabbos is 'me'eyn olam habo'.

And we know that in Olam Habo, 'elyonim lemato vetachtonim lemaaloh'.

Thus now as we are mekabel Shabbos, and the whole Shul turns around -
suddenly all those who were right at the back are now in the front and vice
versa - an example of of 'elyonim lemato and tachtonim lemaaloh' .

SBA