[Avodah] not working on chol hamoed

Michael Kopinsky mkopinsky at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 17:53:35 PDT 2007

On 4/8/07, Micha Berger <micha at aishdas.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 08, 2007 at 03:26:38AM -0400, T613K at aol.com wrote:
> :                        While I am  bringing up this chol hamoed
> question, let
> : me add another:   does  typing on chol hamoed become an issur only if I
> print
> : out what I typed?   How about if I print out what someone else typed?
>
> ...But why fixate on kesivah when you can also ask about havarah or binyan
> /
> makeh bepatish? (Or whatever is your favorite electricity prohibition.)
>
> However, we're talking about ch"m: If you enjoy Avodah, then printing
> it would be mutar on ch"m for two reasons: as Torah, and for simchas YT.
> No less than driving to a YT amusement. No?
>
> :-)||ii!
> -mi

Is there a blanket hetter of tzorech hamoed for kesiva the way there is for
other melachos?  It seems that koseiv is much more chamur.  I remember from
when I looked up some of this stuff in MB a while back that the poskim are
mattir writing down chiddushim b/c of davar ha'aveid, but I don't remember
tzorech hamoed (or your automatic hetter of Torah) mentioned there.

Michael