[Avodah] 'flicking' [or spilling] wine from the kos

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Sat Apr 7 06:52:24 PDT 2007

Simon Montagu wrote:

> BTW, I only just noticed that the order of the verses in the haggada
> is reversed: "revava ketzemahh hasade" is Ezekiel 16:7, and "va'e`evor
> `alayich" is 16:6. Do any commentaries address this?

Yes; the Baal Hatanya addressed this directly, by putting the pesukim in
the correct order in his siddur!  Evidently he held that the reversal
was simply an error that had crept in to the haggadot over the years.

--
Zev Sero               Something has gone seriously awry with this Court's
zev at sero.name          interpretation of the Constitution.