[Avodah] Gezeros in the BHMK

Dov Kay dov_kay at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Jun 27 08:59:16 PDT 2007

RZS wrote:

<<"For that matter, *can* there be gezerot in the BHMK? After all, "ein
shevut bamikdash"; or are we distinguishing "shevut" which refers only to
Shabbat, from general gezerot?>>

I am sure that there are more explicit proofs, but I happened to have learnt
a Tosfos last night which involves a gezera derabbanan with respect to
korbonos in the BHMK: Tosfos on Pesachim 88a s.v. "ha lo kashya".  This is
admittedly only a proof if you accept Tosfos' terutz in this case.

Isn't the half-an-hour wait before the tamid shel ben ha'arbaim a proof that
there were non-sh'vus gezeros derabbanan in the BHMK?

Then there is the question whether this half-an-hour is measured with sha'os
z'maniyos or sha'os shavos.  The Ohr Meir (by R. Meir Posen of London) cites
R. Hanoch Ehrentreu of Munich as paskening that it is a fixed 30 minutes,
while my Rav paskened that it is a variable 30 minutes, ben l'kula ben
l'chumra.

Kol tuv
Dov Kay