[Avodah] zeicher/zecher

reuven koss kmr5 at zahav.net.il
Mon Jun 11 13:59:15 PDT 2007

>Could you please provide references? AFAIK (based on a conversation with
>Rav
>Mordechai Breuer zal), there were only two players in this disagreement.
>However, the MR was one of those talmidim that moved to Israel, and so the
>Perushim followed the MR. For RMBreuer, the Perushim were the only ones
>justified in following the MR.

>I asked:
>> > Who is the Peulas Sokhir? When did he live? Where?
>
> RRKoss replied:
>>  Apparently he is the Mechaber of M"R and the hagahos  are called Peulas
>> Sochir. He was the zkan hahoraah of Vilna at one point after the Gra's
>> petirah.
>> reuven
>
> So we don't have any other source for the idea that the Gra said Zekher?
>
> --
> Arie Folger

yes- but even R'CV says that it could be like the M"R. (ulai bziknuso chazar
bo). The M"R was a  talmid after R'CV. If this is what the Gra held later
on, then this would lechora be the ikkar shitas hagaon. The Gaon was not a
conformist- he did what he felt was right, even if it meant changing the
minhag!  If so, why would  only the Perushim be justified in following the
M"R.
 derech agav the M"R was not from those talmidim who  went to E"Y.
Maybe somebody could check with Rav Brevda or Rav Eliach (who just finished
Chumash hagra) if they know more.
reuven