[Avodah] yishuv EY

Eli Turkel eliturkel at gmail.com
Mon May 28 08:23:46 PDT 2007

>>Try R. Tzvi Yehuda Kook for a different perspective.

Huh?
He has sources saying that baalei aveireh SHOULD be oleh to EY?>>

I suggest reading the writings of R. Kook Senior & Junior on the importance
of the contributions of the chilonim to yishuv EY. I would also strongly
suggest
reading kol dodi dofek from RYBS on the brit that binds us all together
in the building of EY. While of course neither denies the importance of
mitzvot in building EY both express their hakorat hatov to those
that actually built the land with their physical labor

The difference is that the talmidim of the SR are mainly in NY state while
those
of R. Kook are in Yerushalayim. The influence of the various SR on Israeli
thought is nil even within the charedi political parties.
SBA thinks Satmat is mainstream because he quotes the Sheloh etc.
By mainstream I mean today's mainstream. How many yeshivot in EY learn
VM and how many learn the thoughts of R. Kook and RYBS?

--
Eli Turkel