[Avodah] har habayit

Shoshana L. Boublil toramada at bezeqint.net
Sun May 27 23:37:01 PDT 2007

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Eli Turkel
  To: Shoshana L. Boublil
  Cc: avodah
  Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2007 8:14 PM
  Subject: har habayit

   Hence I would suspect that if one really took every shitah
  into account that there is not much room left

The point of the post was that people keep following their feelings instead of checking the facts on the ground.

I asked specifically. They said that going by the machmir positions, there is still sufficient places to visit on the area known nowadays as the Temple Mount to walk for a period of 2 hours.

Rav Yaakov Ariel made a clarification of his psak on this issue in this week's Parsha letter where he noted that we were allowed to walk in the area known as the "machteima", and not on the Temple Mount itself.  This area is still on the other side of the Western Wall, in the area known colloquially by all as Har HaBayit.

Shoshana L. Boublil