[Avodah] Wording of Kaddish

ramiller500 at aol.com ramiller500 at aol.com
Mon May 21 11:51:13 PDT 2007

Being new to this list, I don't know how exhaustively this may have been discussed before, but, anyway, here goes:

1.  In the Kaddish, when, where, and by whom was the earliest known use of these word forms? (pardon my layman's orthography)---

a.  Yisgadeil
b.  V'Yiskadeish
c.  Tiskabeil
d.  Any others heard in some shul(s), where a tzeire has (seemingly at least!) replaced a patach

2.  What is the most scholarly rationale for any or all of these forms, given by those who use them?

3.  What are the best counter-arguments in favor of using a patach in these situations?

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Bob Miller