[Avodah] Ascending to the Har Habayit

Yisrael Medad yisrael.medad at gmail.com
Mon May 21 02:26:32 PDT 2007

Dov Bloom's post Vol. 23, Issue 118, #14, was an excellent summary and much
could be added as he himself notes.

Two comments, though: Rav Goren did not publish a "kuntres" but a
full-fledged book, maybe 300 pages or more if my memory serves me right.  My
copy is at home and is signed by him when we were davening Mincha of Tisha
B'Av in his small synagogue that technically is within Har Habayit although
one floor above in the Machkema building (he wrote : "I sign my book on Har
Habayit on Har Habayit...").

The other: I just purchased Rav Zalman Koren's new book, 240 pages, album
[or even coffee-table] style (35 cm. x 24 cm) with maps, superimpositions,
photographs, ancient documents, computer-generated graphics - the works.
It's called V'Asu Li Mikdash published by Keren L'Morehset HoKotel.  It is
an unbelievable work of art, not to mention the wealth of material.  It is
not technically a Halachic book (especially as it is imprimatured by Rav
Aamar and Rav Rabinowitz) but it is a tremendous aid to understanding
everything about the Mikdash and Har HaBayit.

--
Yisrael Medad
Shiloh