[Avodah] shemitta

Moshe Feldman moshe.feldman at gmail.com
Sat May 19 13:27:55 PDT 2007

On 5/18/07, Samuel Svarc <ssvarc at yeshivanet.com> wrote:
> > In R' Kook's opinion. The CI disagreed with this.

See Rav Tzvi Pesach Frank in Shu"t Har Tzvi OC 2:68 who understands
the Ramban that there is a mitzvah to eat peiros sheviis and quotes
some others who understood the Ramban that way.  He does not mention
that this understanding of the Ramban is a subject of dispute.

However, the Sridei Aish 2:90 believes that the Ramban does not
believe that there is a mitzvah to eat peiros sheviis, as nowhere in
Shas is there a hint that there is such a mitzvah.  (Counterargument:
couldn't the same argument be used to argue that there is no mitzvah
of yishuv EY, yet the Ramban learns such a mitzvah from the psukim?)

Shavua tov.
Moshe