[Avodah] Maariv Bezam - Correction

Prof. Levine llevine at stevens.edu
Mon May 14 13:39:25 PDT 2007

There was a word missing in my earlier post on this topic. I left out
the word not. Below is the way it should have read.

At 06:35 AM 05/14/2007, you wrote:

>There is a similar halocho brought down beshaim the Gr"o, that davening
>maariv bezaman (after tzais) without a minyan is better than davening
>earlier (from Plag) with a minyan, even on shabbos. Does anyone know what
>his mekor for this is, befrat the Gemoro says "Ravi Tzali shabbos beerev
>shabbos"

I can only wonder how one reconciles this with the fact that in the
time of the Rishonim the Ashkenazim did *not* wait to daven Maariv
even on the first night of Shavuous. See
http://personal.stevens.edu/~llevine/waiting_to_daven_maariv_shavuous.pdf

Yitzchok Levine