[Avodah] Mechallel Shemitah beFarhesia

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri May 11 11:31:22 PDT 2007

A mechalel Shabbos befarhesia is equal to a mumar lekhol haTorah
kulah. However, I do not know of a parallel for a mechallel shemitah
befarhesia.

Assuming this isn't just a gap in my knowledge, I was wondering why.
Is it simply that the money issue is so great that it's too high of a
threashold to set? Or is there something fundamentally different about
what shemiras Shabbos attests to compared to shemiras shemittah?

Tir'u baTov!
-mi

--
Micha Berger             Spirituality is like a bird: if you tighten
micha at aishdas.org        your grip on it, it chokes; slacken your grip,