[Avodah] Sefaradim & Hamossi

Joseph Mosseri joseph.mosseri at verizon.net
Fri May 4 15:58:50 PDT 2007

Regarding the issue Houmrot of Sepharadim.

What Hakham Obadiah Yosef has stated regarding sweet Hallah is the norm
amongst all Sepharadim.

Hamossi is only recited over bread that is made strictly of Flour and water.

If sugar or eggs or juice or oil are added we say Mezonot.

We never use these Hallot to say Hamossi.

Our Shabbat table always has fresh Pita bread.

As far as being qobe'a seoudah, if I recall correctly you need to eat an
amount equal to 4 "eggs" and I know of no one who plans to eat that much
sweet hallah.

This info holds true for Egyptians, Syrians, Lebanese, Iraqis, and many
others.

Shabbat Shalom,

Joseph Mosseri