[Avodah] Peanuts and other kitniyos

Doron Beckerman beck072 at gmail.com
Tue May 1 09:19:26 PDT 2007

*Jeremiah 32 -

"37* Behold, I will gather them out of all the countries, whither I have
driven them in Mine anger, and in My fury, and in great wrath; and I will
bring them back unto this place, and I will cause them to dwell safely;  *38
* and they shall be My people, and I will be their God;  *39* and I will
give them one heart and one way, that they may fear Me for ever; for the
good of them, and of their children after them;"

According to the Kuntress Mima'aynei HaYeshuah, written by a son of a major
Talmid of the Vilna Gaon based on the teachings of the Gaon, on matters
related to the Geulah, the phrase "one heart" (in Passuk 39) means no
Litvish-Polish- Sefardic etc. internecine strife, and "one way" means no
variation of Minhagim between the various segments.

Apparently, this is part of the Messianic utopian vision. Until then...