[Avodah] waiting 24 hours before libun

Dr. Josh Backon backon at vms.huji.ac.il
Mon Apr 2 07:41:28 PDT 2007

>Waiting 24 hours from the last use before kashering is only required
>for hagalah, not libun. See Hagalas Keilim chapter 6 paragraph 15, and
>the sources in note 40. This would seem to apply even to libun kal, and
>that's the opinion of the author of Hagalas Keilim, although in note 41
>he cites the Siduro Shel Pesah who disagrees about libun kal, which he
>dismisses as incorrect.

Obviously as per the Aruch haShulchan YD 121 #22 [b'libun ein chiluk
bein she'hu
ben yomo o eino ben yomo ..,. d'ha'esh m'chaleh ha'kol'] you don't
have to wait 24
for libun GAMUR. However, I was referring to libun KAL (oven). The problem is
whether we pasken chametz before Pessach is hetera bal'a or issura bal'a.

The entire "oylam" requires a waiting period of 24 hours (after
cleaning) for Libun Kal.

Chag Kasher V'Sameiach

KT

Josh