[Avodah] showering on a three day chag

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Sep 24 09:47:01 PDT 2013

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 07:01:12AM +0200, Ben Waxman wrote:
> Many have the custom of not showering even during a three day chag. Rav
> Rimon and Rav Melamed both wrote this year that it is permitted....

It's not a rare pesaq. In my hometown of Passaic, a number of LORs have
ruled similarly. In particular in this week's scenario, where Friday is
Simchas Torah, and therefore the more leibedik dancers could REALLY use
a shower.

> Both rabbanim rule that one should use liquid soap.

Common among pesaqim here is a warning about hair drying and not
committing sechitah.

Micha Berger             I thank God for my handicaps, for, through them,
micha at aishdas.org        I have found myself, my work, and my God.
http://www.aishdas.org                - Helen Keller
Fax: (270) 514-1507