[Avodah] Eating = Hefsek?

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Mon Sep 16 10:17:42 PDT 2013

On 16/09/2013 12:56 PM, Micha Berger wrote:
> I also think that given the commonality of Chazanim sipping water to
> make it through Yamim Noraim, one would have to ask why rabbanim hadn't
> made a big deal about it before now -- at least, none that I heard of.

Is it really that common?  This is the first I've heard of it.  Not that
that proves anything, of course.  I've davened in several places, but hardly
a representative sample -- nobody can do that in a lifetime, even if they
never repeat themselves.  But I'm astonished that it would be common.
If a chazan can't make it through Rosh Hashana musaf without water, how
does he make it through Yom Kippur?

--
Zev Sero               A citizen may not be required to offer a 'good and
zev at sero.name          substantial reason' why he should be permitted to