[Avodah] Pills on Yom Kippur

Zvi Lampel blimielampel at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 07:38:29 PDT 2013

Fri, 13 Sep 2013 10:52:45 -0400
From: "M Cohen"<mcohen at touchlogic.com>  wrote:

>R Shlomo Miller (Toronto) told me that although some poskim allow pills on
YK (and he doesn't protest one who relies on those poskim),
he personally doesn't doesn't agree because rov of the pill is actually
starch filler - which is a normal ma'achal...many such pills have a sugar coating... glycerin tablet are also a ma'achal....<

I don't understand. I thought the criterion is that the thing is taken not derech achila, not that it is not a ma'achal. Are there actually two criteria that must be met?

Zvi Lampel