[Avodah] Minhagim of the Ashkenaz Synagogue ("The Luach") (5774)

Harry Maryles hmaryles at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 4 07:00:33 PDT 2013

Sunrise - at least here in Chicago - is at about 6:20 AM. Most of the AM Slichos are completed well before that time... at least thee one I go to including the 1st Selichos on Sunday.

I therefore do not think there is any real difference between waiting til almost 1 AM on Motzoi Shabbos to say it and saying it at about 5:30 AM Sunday morning... except for the idea of Zerizus. And if that's someone's issue, then they should be doing it at 1 AM every night.

When I was in  Telshe, the first Selichos was always Sunday morning, not 1 AM.

HM

Want Emes and Emunah in your life?

Try this: http://haemtza.blogspot.com/