[Avodah] How many Korban Pesachs could be sacrificed in 1 day?

Kenneth Miller kennethgmiller at juno.com
Mon Sep 2 17:23:51 PDT 2013

R' Marty Bluke asked:
>>> 1.2 million korban pesachs seem to be a very problematic number.

Remember that we're talking about a place where the Keruvim were in a room 20 amos wide, yet there was ten amos of empty space on each side. Is it such a stretch (heh, no pun intended) to think that this could apply to time as well as to space?

In a place where "they stood crowded, but bowed with plenty of space," I have no problem imagining that the avodah was done carefully, and yet, when each person left, he found that almost no time at all had passed.

Akiva Miller